Saturday, December 29, 2012

Night One: Fail


Night one of sleeping in her crib was a fail. I thought I was ready, I thought she was ready, I got her room ready ( space heater, sound machine, monitor..) but we I wasn't ready. I went out yesterday to pick up a small space heater because her room is pretty chilly and I wanted a sound machine since our room has a lot of background noise. We got it all set up, put her to bed at 9:45 and we went to bed shortly after. First of all, the video monitor freaks me out! I was watching her and it reminded me of a scary movie and I was waiting for something to move (Dave wouldn't watch either considering her covers mine and and his eyes when a scary movie commercial comes on TV). Second, I started worrying about the heater. I read all of the warnings for it and it said to not leave unattended, freaking out at this point. Dave spoke up and he said he didn't like her in there with the heater either. So I jumped up and brought her in our room. She lasted about 10-15 minutes at the most in her crib. Maybe one day I will grow up and be okay with her sleeping in her own room.. One day. 

The funny thing about all of this is while I was pregnant I was adamant about her sleeping in her own room. Now look at me.. There's just something soothing about her sleeping in our room. 

We will try again eventually :) 
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Yea the space heater thing would make me worried too! You'll get the hang of it one day...when everyone is ready to let go :) luckily we moved her into her room pretty early on and she did amazingly well with it. But it took me awhile to get over the separation anxiety, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about just turning the heater off but then she would freeze, it was a lose-lose. I know one day it will hit me and I'll be fine with it but it's just not now! Hopefully soon! Lol

      Delete
  2. My little man is only 3 weeks and I am freaking out at the thought of having him nearly across the house from me in his crib. I am prettyyyy sure when the time comes ill camp out in the hall by his room or in the living room. No joke. I can't be away from him more than long enough to get a shower it seems like. I am such am overprotective mother. I can TOTALLY relate, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh the thought of camping out in her room definitely crossed my mind! I just took it as I'm not ready yet! It's good to know I'm not the only one out there ;)

      Delete
  3. It's really hard and when you are ready you will know! The only reason I did it was bc I was going back to work & didn't want to try a transition while trying to get used to working again. I literally slept 2 hours the whole night bc I watched her sleep the whole time! Lol she's been in her room for 2 months now & it's still hard, we constantly go in her room & kiss her head & make sure everything is ok! Have you thought about maybe buying a safer heater. I know lows & Home Depot sell them but they r a little more exp but completely safe & energy efficient...might be worth it to not fear ... Or try closing vents in other rooms at night & it will force more heat into her vents. Just a suggestion! I'm sure you guys will figure it out...my husband installed an EXTRA fire alarm in Rilyn's room just to be extra safe...lol it's like you'll do anything to make them safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has been telling me that ill know when it's time and if my husband and I are okay with it for now then that's all that matters! We talked about closing the vents in the other parts of the house to see if that will work first. Thanks for the help :)

      Delete