Saturday, January 12, 2013

Decisions, Decisions..

I would say that this week has been stressful but that would be an understatmemt! Before I was pregnant, I was on schedule to graduate this May. Once I found out my due date was early September I knew I would take fall semester off and go back in January. No big deal. As you know, it's January and I'm supposed to start in 2 days. Earlier this week I started thinking about school books, tuition and it became so real. I started getting sick just thinking about leaving Keigan. My mind was all over the place. One minute, I would say "I'm going back and getting it done!" and the next minute I'm saying "What am I thinking? I can't leave her yet!" This was happening all day, every day this week!

I decided I should just go up to school and talk to one of my teachers to see how much of my time I'll physically be at school and how much homework I would have. She said to block out 8-4 Monday through Friday to be at school and I'd have a full night of homework. After talking to her, it made my  decision very easy! I'm happy to say that I will be taking ONE more semester off. I absolutely did not want to miss any of Keigan's milestones and firsts. I'm so excited that I'll be home with Keigan for her entire first year! 

This little girl is happy I'll be home too :) 
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just got to do what's best for you and the baby. I'm sure you'll always look back and think how happy you were to have made this decision. Little Keigan will love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know, I kept thinking that I'll regret it down the road not seeing her firsts! I'm so excited for my decision!

      Delete
  2. I am having so much fun finding new mommy blogs tonight! Your baby girl is ADORABLE! Our babies were born fairly close! My baby boy was born August 24th! I am a teacher and returned to work 8 weeks postpartum. Obviously, we made it and it worked out. I TOTALLY do not blame you for taking more time! I wish I could stay-home so bad!! We are shooting for me to be able to stay-home when we have baby number 2:) Enjoying your fabulous blog and looking forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, they are so close in age :) I'm tipping my hat off to you, there is no way I could do that! I'd love to be a stay at home mom until my kids went off to school!

      Delete
  3. I am in the same boat girl. I was in cosmetology school while I was pregnant (not planned or recommended) lol, and was only going to take an 8 week leave and go back and finish my last six weeks, but that all sounds good until actually having to leave your sweet baby... I didn't go back and postponed it until now but I am for sure going back in February and I feel like I'm dying inside... its only for six weeks but its tues-sat 9-430. Wah. Sorry for my ramblings but I know how you feel and I'm excited for you to be able to stay home! It's so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds all fine when your pregnant and then the time comes to go back and it's awful!!i seriously thought if be ok with it since she's 5 months but it's too soon for me!! I have faith you can do it :) It will be a hard 6 weeks but then you will be done!!

      Delete
  4. I am with you. I am a teacher turned stay at home momma. Couldn't be happier!
    I'd be SICK if i had to leave Hadley.
    SICK.

    I have big separation anxiety already just running to the store...
    of course I know she's well taken care of....but
    I miss her and know all her quirks....
    Know she misses me too:)

    But yeah, a baby is only a baby for a LITTLE while....We're the lucky ones that get to stay home. If I HAD to work...Wow I'd be miserable. Thankfully my hubby has a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same way! I hate going anywhere without her & it's not that I'm worried who she's with, I just miss her! My mom is dying to watch her overnight and I'm just not ready for that yet ;) I'm glad I'm not the only momma out that with desperation anxiety!!

      Delete
  5. Good for you, momma! That sweet face loves being with you more than you love being with her believe it or not:) I go back to work in just a few short weeks and I'm dreaaaddddinnng it! I don't want to leave my baby girls! You are so fortunate to be at home with her! She's such a doll. School will always be there- but baby girl won't ever be this little again- soak it all in sweet momma!

    ReplyDelete