Thursday, February 21, 2013

27 Weeks


This was the best smile I got this morning!

Baby girl, 
This week was not your best! You were a fuss pants most days! Even on your worst days, if you show me that smile I still melt. I forget about how fussy you are and just eat up that smile. Once Daddy got home from work, he was all yours. I needed to sit and relax for a couple hours minutes. 
We had your 6 month check up this week. I love going to see how much you've grown but dread going because I know you will be getting shots. It doesn't easier. Our doctor was out of the combination immunizations so you had to get 5 shots! Poor girl! You were a champ though, as soon as I picked you up, you calmed down. That makes me feel so good! You weigh 14.4lbs (25%) and are 26 inches (65%)! The doctor was pleased that you gained 2.5 lbs these past few months just being on breastmilk. They say most babies should double their birth weight by 6 months and you are well over that so it look like I'm doing my job :) 
While we were at the doctor, the nurse asked if you had stranger anxiety yet. I haven't noticed if you had because we are mostly always around family and friends. We don't go out much because of the weather but as soon as she asked, you started to curl that lip and made sure I was still there. It was ironic. And you did the same thing when the doctor came in. 
Still no signs of crawling OR teeth! We have been doing crawling practice every day but you don't know that you can do it yourself! 
You have been SO chatty this week! I absolutely LOVE it! Your facial expression when you talk is so dramatic and sounds like you are telling me real stories, I just wish I could understand what you are telling me ;) 
Your sleep has been good this week! You are back to sleeping through the night. You wake up around 6:30 to eat and then you're up for the day. You were sleeping until 7:30-8:00 every day so getting up an hour earlier every day is starting to get to me. 
Happy 27 Weeks Sweet Girl! 
Xoxo, Momma and Daddy
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. She just gets cuter and cuter every week! And be happy she's not crawling yet. Once she starts, there's no going back haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Momma! Waverly had a couple of rough weeks, too ... but now that she is nearing 7 months, I have found she is turning a corner! (Fingers crossed!). She is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little face. She DOES get cuter as days pass. It's hard to believe she is 27 weeks! Whew!

    ReplyDelete