Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Camden's Birth Story

When I wrote my last bump update for 37 weeks, I had not dilated and my cervix was still firm but that all changed when I went in for my 38 week check-up on Monday. My doctor said that I was 2cm and 90% effaced. I had been having regular Braxton Hicks over the weekend but nothing painful or uncomfortable. I had a 3 hour labor with Keigan so she knew this one would go fast too and kept telling me if I even think it could be real contractions to get into the hospital because she did not want me to miss getting my epidural. 

After my appointment, I ran some errands and got groceries for the week, came home to clean and get all the laundry done. I wanted everything done in case it happened soon so I wouldn't have to worry about all of that to come home to. 

Monday night while watching The Voice, I started to get my BH and timed them for the fun of it but they weren't regular. I went to  bed and woke up around 2 to pee and started feeling contractions every 7-8 minutes. They weren't painful or getting closer together but I could not go back to sleep! I eventually got up around 4:30 and went out to the living room to watch TV since I knew I wasn't going back to sleep!

I called my doctor around 7:30 and told her what had been happening and she told me to come in and she would check me but to come prepared. I called Dave immediately so he could get home from work and then called my mom so she could come to the house to watch Keigan. 

We got to the hospital around 9:30am, my doctor came in and said I was 5cm, 90% effaced and they hooked me right up to an IV, got my epidural ordered and told me I would be having a baby in a few hours!! I literally could not believe how fast everything was happening. Dave called my mom and gave her the scoop on what was happening and got his grandparents to come watch Keigan so that my mom and dad could be at the hospital with me. Our parents got there around 11:30am and the six of us hung out and talked until 1:30pm when they came in to break my water. My doctor told me that once my water broke, it would go fast. She was dead on. 

She broke my water at 1:40pm & I was 7cm. By 2:00, I was fully dilated and my doctor came down at 2:05pm. I had 3 contractions and he was out at 2:12pm.  He weighed 6.8 lbs and was 19 inches long. 

He is absolutely perfect and we could not be happier. 

Here are some pictures from his birthday!



1 comment: